It was such a pleasure catching up with Emily White, my longtime friend and an amazing force in this industry, for The Cyber PR Music Podcast. Emily is the author of two amazing books, a professor at NYU’s Clive Davis institute of Recorded Music, co-founder of Collective Entertainment, and co-founder of the non-profit #iVoted. Her experience in management and as an entrepreneur is unparalleled.
LISTEN TO THE CYBER PR MUSIC PODCAST HERE: SPOTIFY | APPLE PODCAST | YOUTUBE
In this episode Emily and I discuss:
- Her new book, How To Build A Sustainable Music Career And Collect All Revenue Streams
- Emily’s background at Collective Entertainment and her non-profit #iVoted
- Emily’s time with The Dresden Dolls and what she learned from her work tour managing them
- The importance of building and nurturing your email list
- Answers to her most asked question at Clive Davis: how do I get a manager?
- Where artists are making mistakes NOW
- How and why you should collect data from your fans on your website
- Why you should never pay for followers and be cautious about running ads on social media
- Everything you need to know about Text Clubs
Connect with Emily White:
Links to Other Resources Mentioned:
Work With Me:
Other Ways I Can Help:
1) Subscribe to my podcast – The Cyber PR Music Podcast
2) Check out my newest ebook Social Media Tuneup to walk yourself how to effectively ratchet up your social media presence across all channels
3) Order my bestselling book CROWDSTART a step-by-step guide to a successful 30-day crowdfunding campaign. Available on Amazon
3) Learn in one of my LABS masterclasses – there are 12 to choose from and they focus in on areas you may want to hone in on including: Supercharge Your PR, Release Music With Ease, and Getting Sponsored.
5) Join the Cyber PR Music Newsletter and get my FREE Music Marketing Checksheet