There was no exaggeration when we said we were pulling out all the stops for Ariel’s celebratory book launch Zoom party! Today we’re sharing the recipe for the Passionate Publicist: a signature cocktail made exclusively for the book launch of The Ultimate Guide to Music Publicity.
Here you have it: the PASSIONATE PUBLICIST! This passion fruit margarita puts a sweet twist on the classic cocktail. Our cocktail has it all: sweet, tangy, refreshing and just SO good! It’s quick & easy to make, and it’s perfect for anything from entertaining a house full of friends to a quiet date night at home. Or better yet, a tasty cocktail to sip and enjoy on June 17th! 🙂
Passionate Publicist Ingredients:
You just need 6 simple ingredients to make this Passion Fruit martini:
- 1 part Tequila
- 1 part passion fruit juice/ nectar / passoa or passionfruit syrup
- 1 quarter part orange liqueur or triple sec
- Squeeze of lime
- sprig of mint
- salt or sugar rim
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in Tequila, passion fruit juice, lime juice and orange liqueur.
- Using a spoon, scoop the passion fruit seeds and juice out of each passion fruit and pour into the cocktail shaker. Seal and shake vigorously for a slow count of 10-15 seconds. You want to make sure the passion fruit seeds really get distributed throughout the cocktail.
- Strain the cocktail into 2 martini glasses. Top off each glass with a sprig of mint and salt/sugar around the rim.
- Serve with a passion fruit sliced in half atop each drink (or scoop out the seeds and add straight to the drink.
*Passion fruit tequila: this is optional, but it adds a lot more flavor. If you can’t find any, regular is perfectly fine. You can always add a bit more fresh passion fruit for extra flavor!
*Passion fruit juice can be hard to find, so you can sub in nectar or passoa juice. It will still tastes fantastic.
*Also, you can make this passion fruit martini up to 2 days before serving. We suggest waiting to add any ice so that it doesn’t melt into the mixture. If you have a busy week ahead of the book launch party, take some stress away by preparing it in advance!
About the mixologist:
Lauren is the jack of all trades; a mixologist AND a musician, She’s worked in a variety of bars over the span of 10 years, winning a few local cocktail competitions, She likes to work with unusual spirits and fresh ingredients where she can. As a musician, Lauren played guitar in a few bands and is currently in a hard rock band, Bad Heritage, alongside training in sound engineering. How cool!
The Ultimate Guide to Music Publicity will teach you everything you need to know about how publicity works in today’s music business. If you haven’t already done so, Check Out The Ultimate Guide To Music Publicity and pre order before June 17th so you can attend this special Zoom launch party.